2 Hit Studio
Based in Wollongong, Australia
This game is a gritty love letter from two brothers to the fighting and beat'em up genres they grew up playing. They took their favourite parts from each genre and mashed them together in a custom game engine they built from the ground up. The result is fluid controls, insane aerial juggling and devastating special attacks to let you wreck your way through hordes of enemies at a time!
The game started with Matt deciding he needed to make a fighting game, no matter what. He was in University at the time studying Computer Science, and wanted to work on something cooler than assignments. He bought a Daruma doll, coloured in one eye, and after spending 2 days arguing with Adam about what good fighting games need, began working in his spare time. That was in 2009. The style, characters, setting and even genre of the game underwent many changes, and it wasn’t until 2012 that Adam actually joined the project. He’d been watching it develop and one night, after seeing what other Sydney game devs had to offer at a boozy meet-up, called Matt to say "man, there are some really talented people in Sydney. Let's start a business and do heaps better than all of them." 2 Hit Studio was created, and the two worked on the game together, often in their spare time between full time work commitments, study, even starting a family in Matt’s case, until early 2014 when the game was completed and after 5 years Matt was finally able to fill in the Daruma doll’s second eye.
- All about fluid controls and wicked combos -- the bigger your combo, the higher your damage multiplier!
- Power up! Find new weapons, level them up to unlock devastating new special attacks, and pump up Nick's stats at the shop.
- Bizarre and darkly humorous story, told in cool comic book style.
- Local multiplayer: co-op in arcade mode or duke it out in versus, with gamepad support for 1-2 controllers.
- Made for modding: literally everything in the game can be reskinned!
Fatal Theory Official Release YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "...if you come into Fatal Theory expecting a humorous story, a retro art style, and fun button mashing gameplay that all invoke a sweet sense of nostalgia, you’ve come to the right place."
- Austin Garcia, Twinfinite
- "As the combat and gameplay goes, this is incredibly fun...when it is finally completed it should be one hell of a good time."
- Simon Wolfe, Capsule Computers
- "Fatal Theory by 2Hit Studio is, in the simplest terms - fun... The humour laced throughout Fatal Theory is my favourite mix of dark but cheesy... The controls feel responsive and attacks are satisfying to land... We don't give numerical scores for games here at FairPlay but if we did, Fatal Theory would get a bloody high one."
- Aaron McArthur , Fair Play Gaming
- "...nice retro 2D graphics and lots of action."
- Oscar D. Corbalan, Bit Maiden
About 2 Hit Studio
2 Hit Studio: games for the go-down-swingin' crowd. We're two brothers, Matt and Adam Carr, who grew up playing all kinds of games together and now are trying to give some of that joy back.
More information on 2 Hit Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fatal Theory Credits
Script writer, Pixel Artist, PR guy
Sound effect artist