2 Hit Studio
Based in Wollongong, Australia
March 10, 2012
Press / Business Contact:
50 Barney St
NSW 2533 Australia
+61 (0)40 2929 008
2 Hit Studio: games for the go-down-swingin' crowd. We're two brothers, Matt and Adam Carr, who grew up playing all kinds of games together and now are trying to give some of that joy back.
Both Adam and Matt have been hobbyist game developers since their early teens, but never worked together until the Global Game Jam in 2012. They discovered they made a strong team and formed 2 Hit Studio. Fatal Theory, a game Matt had been developing solo in his spare time, became their first project together.After that
The two brothers stumbled forwards for a few years, hitting milestones and generally getting wise. An early version of Starslinger Kings began development in 2013, targeting the OUYA, but was scrapped. They shipped Fatal Theory in 2014, starting a Steam Greenlight campaign at the same time. 6 months later it was greenlit. Post Fatal Theory the two resurrected Starslinger Kings in 2014, completely redesigning it in the process. During its life, the two participated in many game jams, releasing small games on the side. The two were asked to develop a title for a travelling pop-up arcade, and One Heart was born. Over the course of an additional two months, it was turned into a complete niche title and released early 2015. Development on Starslinger Kings continues.
Fatal Theory Early Gameplay Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for 2 Hit Studio, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "...if you come into Fatal Theory expecting a humorous story, a retro art style, and fun button mashing gameplay that all invoke a sweet sense of nostalgia, you’ve come to the right place."
- Austin Garcia, Twinfinite
- "Fatal Theory by 2Hit Studio is, in the simplest terms - fun... The humour laced throughout Fatal Theory is my favourite mix of dark but cheesy... The controls feel responsive and attacks are satisfying to land... We don't give numerical scores for games here at FairPlay but if we did, Fatal Theory would get a bloody high one."
- Aaron McArthur , Fair Play Gaming
- "As the combat and gameplay goes, this is incredibly fun...when it is finally completed it should be one hell of a good time."
- Simon Wolfe, Capsule Computers
- "...nice retro 2D graphics and lots of action."
- Oscar D. Corbalan, Bit Maiden
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Designer, Writer, Pixel Artist, Programmer